I was trying to list issues which are assigned to inactive users. I used the inactiveUsers function like this:
assignee in inactiveUsers()
but it didn't work properly. It displayed almost all the issues.
The reason of this is the following, I think. Recently we have upgraded JIRA to use LDAP instead of JIRA internal Directory. The users names hasn't changed, because the everybody had thesame username in JIRA as in Active Directory. After the migration I can see in the CWD_USER table, there are two records for each user, one for the JIRA internal directory (DIRECTORY_ID = 1), and one for AD (DIRECTORY_ID = 10000). We wanted to avoid the usage of the old JIRA account, so we have disabled them all. There was no problem, because the AD was the primary directory, so everybody can login to Jira.
The problem with the inactiveUsers() function is, that it ignores the primary AD, and it thinks the users are disbaled, because one record of each user is disabled.
Is there any workaround for this problem?
By design, the plugin looks at the inactive flag in database.
Actually, you do not need to disabled in the internal user directory account to make sure it is not used. As long as you have a corresponding LDAP account and LDAP account is sorted above the internal user directory, JIRA will only use that account.
Yes, I know, but we move the inactive users to an other organization unit in the active directory. This OU is out of scope of Jira, so this users are not synchronized. That's why we disable the JIRA logins to avoid getting enabled them after the AD account disappear from Jira.
Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG