inactiveUsers function returns also active users

László Barta October 12, 2014

I was trying to list issues which are assigned to inactive users. I used the inactiveUsers function like this:

assignee in inactiveUsers()

but it didn't work properly. It displayed almost all the issues.

The reason of this is the following, I think. Recently we have upgraded JIRA to use LDAP instead of JIRA internal Directory. The users names hasn't changed, because the everybody had thesame username in JIRA as in Active Directory. After the migration I can see in the CWD_USER table, there are two records for each user, one for the JIRA internal directory (DIRECTORY_ID = 1), and one for AD (DIRECTORY_ID = 10000). We wanted to avoid the usage of the old JIRA account, so we have disabled them all. There was no problem, because the AD was the primary directory, so everybody can login to Jira.

The problem with the inactiveUsers() function is, that it ignores the primary AD, and it thinks the users are disbaled, because one record of each user is disabled.

Is there any workaround for this problem?

3 answers

0 votes
László Barta October 14, 2014

Hi Jobin,

Do you have any information, if there is any plan to fix this bug in the JQL Tricks Plugin, or we need to find out some workaround, or use some other tool to query inactive users' issues.

Best regards,

Laszlo

0 votes
László Barta October 13, 2014

Hi Jobin,

Yes, I know, but we move the inactive users to an other organization unit in the active directory. This OU is out of scope of Jira, so this users are not synchronized. That's why we disable the JIRA logins to avoid getting enabled them after the AD account disappear from Jira.

Laszlo

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

But, that is only for disabled users, right? I thought you were saying that you disabled all users in internal user directory?

László Barta October 13, 2014

Yes, we has disabled all internal users, because once they get disabled in AD and moved to the other OU, then we need to be sure that the account is also disabled in Jira.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

By design, the plugin looks at the inactive flag in database.

Actually, you do not need to disabled in the internal user directory account to make sure it is not used. As long as you have a corresponding LDAP account and LDAP account is sorted above the internal user directory, JIRA will only use that account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events