ictime "My Timesheet" fails

Ed Costello January 29, 2014

We have been using ictime for a while now. When we updated to the latest version on 1/23/2014, the "My Timesheet" function suddenly started failing. Users cannot get their individual time reports, but if they select "All Users" for the same report, it works.

Can someone please help with this?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ed Costello February 17, 2014

Updated to 3.1.5 and JIRA 6. Behavior is now as expected. Works for all our users now.

0 votes
Ed Costello February 23, 2014

Not sure if it was a direct or indirect action, but updating to newest ictime and Jira seems to have fixed our problem.

0 votes
Ed Costello February 5, 2014

Tobias,

Yes, we updated from a previous version of ictime.

We are still on JIRA 5.2.1

Cheers,
Ed

0 votes
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2014

Ed,

Please see my comments here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/205221/my-timesheet-not-showing-any-results

I'm not really sure if this behaviour is related to the new version itself - release 3.1.4 did fix an issue with the custom log work field and did not touch the timesheet at all. We had two or three users reporting similar problems over the last 12 months, but could never reproduce or solve the issue. Contrary to your use case, these users could never get any results in the timesheet, no matter what they were doing.

Please provide the information requested in the topic above, and we'll try to identify and solve the problem.

Best regards
Tobias

Ed Costello January 29, 2014

Hi Tobias,

I marked a new log file, then tested the ictime "My Timesheet" feature. Log file atttached:

Begin testing ictime

2014-01-30 08:17:08,418 http-bio-8091-exec-4 WARN CEDW 497x648x1 9n2d35 10.41.0.147,10.41.1.66 /secure/ICTimeBrowseTimeEntries!default.jspa [atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] Cannot find web resource module for: com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-components:query

2014-01-30 08:17:16,088 http-bio-8091-exec-6 WARN CEDW 497x656x1 9n2d35 10.41.0.147,10.41.1.66 /secure/ICTimeBrowseTimeEntries.jspa [atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] Cannot find web resource module for: com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-components:query

2014-01-30 08:17:32,522 http-bio-8091-exec-24 WARN CEDW 497x664x1 9n2d35 10.41.0.147,10.41.1.66 /secure/ICTimeBrowseTimeEntries.jspa [atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] Cannot find web resource module for: com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-components:query

2014-01-30 08:17:44,974 http-bio-8091-exec-19 WARN CEDW 497x676x1 9n2d35 10.41.0.147,10.41.1.66 /secure/ICTimeBrowseTimeEntries.jspa [atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] Cannot find web resource module for: com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-components:query

2014-01-30 08:18:07,625 http-bio-8091-exec-4 INFO CEDW 498x683x1 9n2d35 10.41.0.147,10.41.1.66 /secure/admin/ViewLogging!markLogs.jspa [jira.util.log.LogMarker]

jtw-ic January 30, 2014

Thank you for the information so far. But since the error might have occured earlier, it would be very helpful for us if you could also send us your atlassian-jira.log file or at least a larger section from it. The complete file would help us the most, but thats up to you.

Additionally we need some informations about the database you are using (Mysql, Postgres, etc.) and from which version of ictime you updated to the current one.

At the moment it looks like the database might run the timesheet query with a corrupt username and thus isnt able to find any entries if you try to look them up with only your name. But so far thats just a guess and needs to be confirmed with the help of the requested information above.

Ed Costello January 30, 2014

Hi. I'll try to get the full log file.

In the meantime, it looks like someone else is having the same problem: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/205221/my-timesheet-not-showing-any-results?page=1#comment-257270

Ed Costello January 30, 2014

() Log file uploaded.

We are using SQL

ictime version - 3.1.4

Additional information - On 1/20, we added two new users to the user database (still before we updated to the new version of ictime). These two users are able to run the "My Timesheet" function, but no other users are able.

Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2014

Ed,

Did you attach/send the logs (can't see them with this issue and don't find any email in our support account, either)?

With "SQL", you are referring to Microsoft MS SQL database?

We have filed a bug for this: https://interconcept.atlassian.net/browse/ICTIME-326. If we are able to identify the problem, we'll try to include the fix in the upcoming version 3.1.5, to be released within the next few days. We still have no real clue as we can't reproduce the issue on our different test and production environments, but the problem should be related to some property of the user/s in JIRA.

Just another couple of questions:

1. Which JIRA version are you using? Have their been JIRA updates recently on your side?

2. For those two users who can properly view their own work logs in their timesheets, if another user (who can't see his/her work logs) has the user picker available in the timesheet (= JIRA permission to log work for others) and picks one of these two users, is work log data displayed correctly in the timesheet or not?

3. Are you managing all your users locally, or working e.g. with LDAP or another authentication service?

Best regards
Tobias

jtw-ic February 2, 2014

Ed,

we found another way to get more information about what is going wrong when users can't see their own worklogs. To get this information please try to do the following:

Temporarily changing the logging level

1. Log in as a user with the 'JIRA System Administrators'global permission.
  2. Choose >System. Select Troubleshooting and Support > Logging & Profiling to open the Logging page.
    (tick)Keyboard shortcut: 'g' + 'g' + start typing 'logging & profiling'
  3. Enable the SQL log by clicking on "Enable" in the SQL logging part of the screen. After that, the description should now show "The SQL log is currently turned ON"

After you have done that, log in as a user that has problems to see his own worklogs and navigate to the My Timesheet page of the ictime plugin. You are free to try different approaches as you already did to make the worklogs appear. After that, there should be a new file in the same folder as the atlassian-jira.log that is called atlassian-jira-sql.log and contains the queries that have been executed on the database.

It would be great if you could send us that atlassian-jira-sql.log as an attachement. The ictime support email account is jiraplugins@interconcept.de

After sending us the email with the sql log file, you can try to restart your whole JIRA server, which might also help to solve some problems time to time.

Thank you and best regards

Tim

Ed Costello February 4, 2014

We've been digging a bit and it seems to be a problem with upper case vs. lower case user names. Summary:

* All usernames worked regardless of case (upper, lower, mixed)

* Updated ictime to v. 3.1.4

* Lower case usernames work ok. Others do not. However, when 'all users' is selected, information from all users is displayed regardless of username case.

Still digging....

Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2014

Ed,

We probably have identified the issue, it is indeed related to upper case/lower case problems for user names. You can expect a fix within the next few days.

Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2014

Ed,
There seem to be two issues: 1. A case sensitivity issue for user names that should only arise if your database is configured respectively, i.e. database collation is set as case sensitive. 2. An issue with changing your user name (an option which has been introduced with JIRA 6).

None of these problems have been caused by ictime version 3.1.4, but they have existed before. I assume that you did update to 3.1.4 from a version that was at least some (minor) versions below. Could you maybe confirm that? Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events