icTime reporting

icTime doesnt take work log from subtasks, within the parent issue, into any consideration when generating reports for that parent issue.??

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Unfortunately its not possible to add the requested feature to our plugin due to the way JIRA handles subtasks. Subtasks are treated like normal tasks with a relation to a parent task, thus every task in our reports is handled like a normal task.

any word if this would ever be included for reporting purposes?

Taking into account the limitations in the data structure of JIRA and the resulting effort to properly handle the case that some people might want to sum up effort of sub-taks to a parent tasks in reporting, but others want to handle sub-taks like normal tasks, I can't imagine that this is something that could be done on the short or medium run. It might be something to be considered on the long run - but I also would hope that Atlassian one day decides to handle sub-taks in a more intuitive way (= as a real hierarchy) and this would anyway require that we reflect this in our reporting.

You can try eazyBI reports and charts plugin for JIRA for your time reporting. eazyBI provides additional Hours spent with sub-tasks measure which allows you to report by parent issue fields/dimensions but include also all time spent on sub-tasks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

524 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you