i AM IN THE GROUP FOR CREATE PROJECTS FROM TEMPALTE BUT DO NOT SEE THE OPTION UNDER PROJECT MENU

jim blizzard April 8, 2013

i ONLY GET

--PROJECTS

--PROJECT CATEGORIES

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2013

Jim,

Are you looking at the non-administration view of JIRA? The "Create project from templates" will appear under Projects for non-admin views:

If it's not working for you - can you email us at sales at wittified.com and we can dig into it more with you.

<body></body>
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2013

1. Please don't shout

2. Could you explain your setup here? It sounds like the group might not be set up in the addon, or you really aren't in the group. Check your profile and the addon settings carefully.

Sorry- didn't notice that my capslock was on--apologies :-)

I will check settings once more and update you on detials if still an issue.

I have the lastest version of Jira()

I have the project creator set up for jira-administrators and jira-users on which I am a member of both.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2013

Hmm, then it might be worth

1. Reading your log file for errors

2. Contacting the plugin authors - I've only tried it once and had the same problem, but quickly realised that I wasn't in the right groups. It sounds like you've got a bug in yours

0 votes
Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2013

Nic, that is the most common reason someone might not see the Create Project from Template link. Thanks for helping spread the word! As Daniel noted, right now, if you are in the Administration section you will only see links for plugin configuration. We only have the "Create Project from Template" link _outside_ the admin area.

So, my question to users is, would it be useful to have a link in the admin area as well so you don't have to click out? If so, we'll add that to our next release.

0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2013

caps lock = broken?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events