how to trigger on change in field

Jon Hill March 6, 2018

I am trying to use Insight Automation to send an email whenever an Insight object's Lifecycle State field is changed to Disposed.  

When:  object updated

If:  "Lifecycle State" = "Disposed"

Then:  send email

So far, so good:  if a user changes Lifecycle State to Disposed, the e-mail is fired.  However, if someone later opens up the Disposed asset and makes a change (to, say, the Description), the automation rule sends another e-mail.  I only want the e-mail to be sent when the Lifecycle State changes from any other value to Disposed, but I don't see a way in IQL to identify what the old value was.  I know it's being tracked because the e-mail explicitly lists all changes and their old values; I just don't know how to access those old values in IQL.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Hi Jon,

What you describe is a use case that is not yet possible, ie single down the update event down to a specific attribute. This is however something that should be supported in the future, but basically the limitation is that you can't use IQL to filter on an objects history, just the current value.

There is an feature request for this at our open environment that you can watch for more information on the progress: https://jira.riada.se/browse/ICS-198

If you feel like this answered your question, please mark it as accepted :)

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events