how to remove testing by version from test cases

David Ramer December 4, 2013

How can I remove "testing by version" from the Zephyr Test case type issue?

6 answers

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Hi David,

There is not a way to remove the tests by version category from the Test Summary page. However, we are curious why you do not want to view it?

Also, below is some additional information from Atlassian on the differences of the fix version and affect version as well as what their uses are:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/27953/difference-between-fix-version-and-affects-version

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes

0 votes

below the test by version is the tests by label section.

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Hi David,

Can you send us a screen shot of the "testing my version" from the project view? I hever never seen a button called this before and I am trying to understand still what you are talking about.

Also, if you want to add any feilds to a test case, you add them the same way as any other JIRA fields. Since Zephyr for JIRA issue Test is a standard JIRA issue type, you can add custom fields from the JIRA administrator.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes

Emily I think you are correct. a Test case does not really have a fix for or Affects version? then I think that will remove the "testing by version" from the project view - testing summary page.

I also want to add the resonsible field for a test case!

Thank you so much for the help

Dave

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2013

Hi David,

Is it possible you can clarify your question? What do you mean when you say you want to remove "testing by version?"

We are understainding that you want to remove the Fix version and the Affects version fields when you create an issue type Test. Is this the case?

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events