how to install german translation jar

Peter Guettinger February 19, 2013

I downloaded the german addon and copied it to windows\system32. But i still cannot change the language to german (in my profile).

How should i install the addon?

and has every german speaking user to install that addon?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

The language pack has to be installed on the server by an administrator...

ok - so as i'm using the web solution, one of you should enable "german" on my Jira space. How do i request that? And ... wouldn't it be easier for you to install all languges by default? So clients can select it, as it is described in the documentation.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

What do you mean by web solution? JIRA is a web solution... Are you suggesting that you're using JIRA on demand? Then you're probably facing this problem:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/26104/how-do-i-set-install-german-language-packs-within-my-on-demand-jira-and-or-confluence

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-801

If not, what kind of JIRA are you using, a company JIRA, a private instance? You'll have to find your admin and request the language update...

Chris, web solution = Saas = onDemand. In contrast to the installed solution, on own server (and of course used as web appalication).

You recommended to install the german add-on on the server .. this is therefore your server = you (not ppersonally) should install the add addon on "my" application space. I should finally be able to select german on my profile settings.

Is it clear now?

Peter

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

First of all, have you actually read what I was posting? If you're on JIRA on demand, well no language pack. Add yourself as a voter if you like...Is it clear now?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-801

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2013

I think Peter may be a little unclear on what "Answers" is. If I have read his last comment correctly. If not, then I apologise for my misunderstanding.

Answers is a community of Atlassian users talking about the products usage on an Atlassian provided forum. We are not Atlassian (although many of them are active here), and do not own or run the OnDemand servers.

So, I don't think you want to say "your servers" to us, you need to say it to OnDemand support.

Peter Guettinger February 20, 2013

Nic, thank you for making clear that this forum is not the right channel to ask questions about Atlassian OnDemand product Jira (although its named "Atlassian Answers" - confusing).

So what is the right channe than? Who can install the german add-on for my community?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

Hi Peter.

it would have been easier for anybody if you made a preselection when you created this Question.

also some more identifying tags could indicate some background info of your request.

in fact this is the right channel to ask questions that are relating to the usage of atlassians product family.

you may understood sth wrong though. it is not like "Customer asks - Atlassian answers"

it is more like customers ask questions about atlassian products...customers (atlassians as well) will post an answer.

you should have a look at christians answers where he showed you some links that might be the answer for your question.

just to nail it down right now.

if you are using OnDemand Service (means Atlassian is hosting it) the only available language is "English" as you can see here

if you're hosting by yourself you can download any available languagepack and install it though the plugin manager.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2013

You need to talk to whoever the system administrators are. For OnDemand, that's OnDemand support.

This IS the right place to ask questions. Get advice, ideas and so-on. But we are not support.

0 votes
Marc February 20, 2013

You download the translation-pack and install it under Administration -> Plugin -> Manage Plugin -> Install from file.

(The windows-folder is definitivly the wrong destination.)

When you has install the language-pack, you can change it under Administration->basic settings. Jira has build in a german translation. The translation pack does only improve it, when you find any translation-errors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events