how to get git commit displayed in git commit tab of Jira?

vivian zhang September 7, 2012

I have successfully added git repositories to jira and checked in to one of the repositories mentioning Jira issue id in the comments. Yet I see nothing displayed under Git Commit tab of the corresponding Jira issue. What else should I do to make it work?

4 answers

0 votes
vivian zhang September 13, 2012

it's working now. this git plugin requires a clone of the git repository to be presented on the Jira server. So when adding a new git repository to Jira, it should be configured as the following:

Repository Root: /path/to/clone/of/git/repository

Repository Origin: the URL in the response of "git remote show origin"

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2012

Fisheye shouldn't be required here... but it may be a configuration issue with the plugin. All you should have to do is mention the JIRA issue key in the commit message and it should sort of magically appear.

You might want to talk to BigBrassBand support for this (they are the developers of the plugin - not Atlassian):

support@bigbrassband.com

Let us know the answer here if you decide to go this route.

0 votes
vivian zhang September 7, 2012

I did not use fisheye. I installed Git Version control viewer 1.0.1 with Jira 5.1. BTW, is fisheye required here for it to work?

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2012

Hi Vivian,

Are you using Fisheye for the integration? Or is it a separate plugin?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events