how to get git commit displayed in git commit tab of Jira?

I have successfully added git repositories to jira and checked in to one of the repositories mentioning Jira issue id in the comments. Yet I see nothing displayed under Git Commit tab of the corresponding Jira issue. What else should I do to make it work?

4 answers

Hi Vivian,

Are you using Fisheye for the integration? Or is it a separate plugin?

I did not use fisheye. I installed Git Version control viewer 1.0.1 with Jira 5.1. BTW, is fisheye required here for it to work?

Fisheye shouldn't be required here... but it may be a configuration issue with the plugin. All you should have to do is mention the JIRA issue key in the commit message and it should sort of magically appear.

You might want to talk to BigBrassBand support for this (they are the developers of the plugin - not Atlassian):

support@bigbrassband.com

Let us know the answer here if you decide to go this route.

it's working now. this git plugin requires a clone of the git repository to be presented on the Jira server. So when adding a new git repository to Jira, it should be configured as the following:

Repository Root: /path/to/clone/of/git/repository

Repository Origin: the URL in the response of "git remote show origin"

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

165 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you