graphviz text showing up as squares

I'm creating a graph database diagram using the graphviz plugin but the text in the description shows up as squares. How do I fix? Is it an encoding issue? I'm using the png option with graphviz and not the svg option. SVG option does show text, but it has other issues.

2 answers

Can you post something that demostrates this either here or open an issue.

sure, try this.

1. create new graph viz component

2. see default sample imge with boxes for text

graph viz

Weird. One box per character I assume. Do you get similar if you do flowchart macro with A -> B ? Any special language environment settings or similar? Is it the same using a different browser?

yes, one box per charcter, no special env settings that I know of, corporate intranet install of jira/confluence. same on all browsers.

I would guess your graphviz installation is having some font problems. Get an admin to run a test on your installation's server (no Confluence involvement) with png output and see if the problem occurs. This is a link to a similar problem.

i am also having the same issue

Yes, one box per character, no special env settings, this is on our coporate jira/confluence install.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

820 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you