from 0.9.9 Jira 4.4.4 to Latest JEMH Jira 5.2.4

Jpoplar January 16, 2013

Hey all,

We used the 0.9.9 plugin for some simple creation of jira items, but it seems we'll not be able to use this unsupported version any longer. I upgraded Jira and then upgraded to the latest non-licensed plugin. While I would like to actually purchase the plugin later, to update to the latest jira I absolutely need to get this working today.

We use emails formatted like the below to create jira tickets. Using my old emh.properties file from 0.9.9 and creating a handler in incoming mail, should this still work?:

To: IssuesBox
Subject: Testing Jira

@project=COR
@issuetype=18
@priority=4
@weblink=17865
@components=TTS-Default

Testing Jira

testing

testing

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Hi James, the limted free-use mode should work, I have actually checked this recently. What may not be obvious is that you should not use your 0.9.9 config file as-is, it has been largely gutted and reworked, download a JEMH jar, take a copy of the usual example-emh.properties within and migrate your configuration, one key at a time. Cut/paste will result in failure. Note that field processors must be specifically enabled. @key=value will still work, if enabled.

If you still have problems please raise a support ticket and supply a copy of your configuration at : https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JEMH

p.s. on monday 21st Jan, all my projects are getting migrated to my new OnDemand instance at http://javahollic.atlassian.net

Jpoplar January 17, 2013

That is excellent news. I'll change up the configuration file and go through this weekends update and report back with the results, thank you very much for the prompt reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events