formField.setFieldOptions(Iterable) Not working

Bob November 3, 2017

Hi, 

I have a behavior which is supposed to limit the drop down options a user see's if he inputs a value into a earlier option. 

For example if FieldA =AnswerA Then FieldB (which is a dropdown with many options) should only display A or B to the user as options. 

My code looks like: 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def FieldA = getFieldById("customfield_10001")
def FieldB = getFieldById("customfield_10002")

if (FieldA.getValue() == "AnswerA") {

FieldB.setFieldOptions( ['A', 'B'])

}

These are custom fields and are being accessed correctly as I can use setHidden(true/false) to confirm my If statement can hide and show FieldB based on FieldA's input.

What isnt working is the setFieldOptions() method. oddly in the Example on the Behaviours page it actually shows it as: 

formField.setFormValue(options.findAll {it.value in ['foo', 'bar']})

When I try and do 

FieldB.setFormValue(options.findAll {it.value in ['A', 'B']})

I get an error message telling me the variable options is undeclared and that there is no such property as it.value

I have tried a lot of random things using code snippets on the answers here but I wonder if the code syntax has changed recently as stuff that people seem to say has worked is giving me error messages. 

in short: Would really appreciate if someone could give any advice on how I can limit the selectable options in the drop down. 

2 answers

0 votes
Bob November 6, 2017

For anyone that finds this, I actually found the answer here: 

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.2/jira/recipes/behaviours/setting-default-fields.html#_setting_defaults_for_selects_etc

There is a lot of component accessor code I needed to make use of options.find and it.value

All the best, 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2017

Instead of developing a solution use cascade select custom field. It would be much cleaner solution. 

Bob November 4, 2017

Unfortunately a cascade wouldn't work in this scenario as the fields are relatively unrelated. In a few small cases the first field should limit what the second fields options should be but thats about it. 

As I am not far off the solution it would be really useful to try and understand how the setFieldOptions() method works, unfortunately its not very clear but it would be useful to understand.

Like Rolf Lader likes this
Rolf Lader
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2023

@Bobhave you ever found a solution to the given problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events