field content check upon update

With the JIRA behaviour plugin, I can do a custom field content check (i.e. a text field) when the content is updated.  For example, I can check to see if the entered text matches certain regex.  I can use the .setHelpText to show some help tip below the field.  Now, when I do this for a system field, such as Summary field, Description or FixVersion field, .setHelpText does not show any text below the field.  Is it true that this only works for custom fields?

Also, will the check work for bulk update?

1 answer

Hi Chris,

To answer your questions above:

1.) You can update help text on system fields such as Summary by referencing them by ID. Below i have attached a simple example created on JIRA 6.4.12 and Script Runner 4.3.8 which shows how to do this.

def summary =  getFieldById("summary")
def summaryVal = summary.getValue()

if(summaryVal == "Test"){
    summary.setHelpText ("Some Help Text") 
}

2.) Behaviours only fire for an issue on the create and edit screens and not when an issue is updated via the Bulk Change tool.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Kristian

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

847 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you