error inserting work log - ictime

Berti Dzidic October 16, 2012

I want to buy this plugin and for now i am using free evaulation licence.

If i disable plugin, there is no error and work log works fine.

After enabling plugin i can edit already inputed work log

I have problem. When trying to work log, there is no parameters and error shows.

1 answer

0 votes
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

Hi Berti,

Your screenshots (you have provided separately via email) indicate that the plugin is running, but not properly. The Log Work mask shown in your first screenshot is still the default log work interface from JIRA (no "from-to" option and activity type dropdown visible), so JIRA still delivers the default mask instead of the ictime log work mask. But this mask can't be used any longer when ictime is enabled, so when submitting you get an error from JIRA.

This is a behaviour we have seen from time to time with JIRA and have a few customer reports, but it was not possible to identify a specific reason that could be addressed within ictime. We think that it might be some caching mechanisms or problems to properly instantiate an object/class on JIRA resp. UPM level.

Usually the recommendation is to check if you are using a current version of JIRA and specifically the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) system plugin, if not, try to update. It also might help to uninstall ictime, install it again and to wait a couple of minuted before using, and if this does not help, activate and deactivate ictime a couple of times. These are only workarounds, but at least for the few cases we saw this issue, we got it solved this way.

Best regards

Tobias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events