email recipient condition based

Deleted user September 11, 2013

Hey,

is it possible to configure that, when I send a mail with ETI, the pre-configured recipient is a JIRA user or the email adress stored in a custom field? This should be based on if the JIRA user is actual one and not some dummy user which creates tickets for unknown email adresses.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2013

Markus, Both 1 and 2 are easily possible with JETI.

However, JETI can do the following:

- email comes from non-JIRA user, email address is saved in recipient field

- email comes form JIRA user, either the email address is saved in recipient field or the JIRA user is added to the watchers of the issue. It is a parameter of the corresponding Mail Handler Context.

No further conditional configuration is possible at the moment.

Tibor

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

Markus,

By default jira will send the mail notifications to assignee and reporter who have valid email addresses.

However you can configure your custom mail in your postfunctions to other users also.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2013

Markus, can you please clarify this a bit? It is not clear how and what you want to achieve. Thank you.

Deleted user September 17, 2013

Hi Tibor, of course I can.

Following two scenarios:

1. An unknown user to JIRA sends an email to a project email adress to create a ticket. The email is stored in a custom field. Here I want that the email adress from the custom field is in the recipient field when I send an email via JETI.
  2. A JIRA user sends an email to a project email adress to create a ticket. Here I want that the JIRA user is in the recipient field when I send an email via JETI.

In a nutshell I want that the recipient field is populated based on if the reporter is a actual JIRA user or just some dummy user for unknown reporter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events