eazyBI - how to show current week by day

Angus Law June 28, 2016

I've already followed the guidance shown here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38045182/eazybi---how-to-load-report-with-current-week-by-default

However I can't get this broken down by day. When I do it looks like this for one week:

image2016-6-28 17:19:41.png

But then the next week:

image2016-6-28 17:19:16.png

It seems the "days" element is manual and doesn't persist week-on-week, resulting in the manual days sticking around the following week and the "current week" returning to the Week level.

Is it possible to get a reporting which always shows the current week's working days, like this?

image2016-6-28 17:21:27.png

2 answers

0 votes
Briana September 8, 2016

Hello, I am coming across the same issue, only using current month instead of week. 

I have defined a calculated measure for Current Month: Aggregate({[Time].[Month].CurrentDateMember})

This does display the data for the current month, but there are two problems with this:

1) It does not display all days in the month, only days with data 

2) When the month switches over, we must manually remove the dates from the previous month and expand the new month. 

This is a huge problem for a report that is supposed to be automated. Can you provide a resolution for this? 

eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016

Hi Briana,

To answer your first question, you could add members for date range to cover all dates (also the missing dates). For example, you could type there "Aug 01 2016 and Sep 30 2016" to add all time members for these two months, also the ones where there are no data. 

And you could try using this code (instead of your current code) when you create calculated member for current month if you want to display all days (and only days) from the current month.

Aggregate({
Filter(
[Time].[Day].Members,
[Time].CurrentMember.Parent is 
[Time].[Month].CurrentDateMember)
})

And when you expand this calculated member, you could remove the first column (calculated member name column) and keep only day members on screen. It should answer your 2nd question when the current month changes.

Please contact support@eazybi.com if you have further questions regarding this!

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags

0 votes
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

Hi Angus,

You could create new calculated member "current week" for 'Time' dimension using this following code and then use this member instead.

Then it would be possible to remove column with calculated member title to keep only dates in columns.

Aggregate({
  [Time.Weekly].[Week].CurrentDateMember
})

Here is eazyBI documentation about calculated members:

https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/Calculated+members#Calculatedmembers-Setsoftimeperiods

current week - member.jpg

Please contact support@eazybi.com if you have further questions regarding this!

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags

Angus Law June 29, 2016

Hi Martins,

I'm using exactly that calculated member formula...

I can see from your screenshot that you've come across the same issue - you needed to manually expand the current week to get to the days level.

Next week, it'll still show those days plus the new week's worth of data, as per my second screenshot in the original question.

Is there a way to get the following:

• Monday-Friday
  • Only current week (changes week-on-week)
  • Doesn't show any days from the previous week

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events