different JIRA-Issue-Type than EPIC for easy agile roadmap plugin?

Gilles Zimmermann October 25, 2017

Hi there

I’m wondering why easy agile roadmap only let Epics be used within your roadmap-plugin? Since my project is a little bit older and not as well structured as all Epics are really Epics and we are using “new Feature” to structure our roadmap, it would be great if easy agile roadmap would let me configure, which JIRA-Issue-Type I prefer to use for creating a roadmap. What do you think?

1 answer

1 vote
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Hi @Gilles Zimmermann, thanks for reaching out.

We made the decision to use the Epic issue type for the roadmap as Jira Software provides a link between the epic and children issues. Further, on the Jira Software backlog you'll see the Epic panel with statistics related to the issues within those epics (estimates, etc).

If we were to support another issue type it wouldn't show up on the Jira Software backlog, nor would we be able to provide epic statistics.

Thanks Gilles.

Regards,
Nick Muldoon
Product Manager, Easy Agile

Ronny Hanssen April 29, 2018

That's a pity. I have a project that is aimed at the management team, where the types are custom. I wish I could have decided myself which of the types to use as the "epic". And, I wouldn't mind if the Jira Software features were lost. I only want to be able to show the roadmap for them. The issues are not used for anything else than planning. No developers are using them for anything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events