data refresh from PROD to Dev for Jira, does not bring down Structure data

Sree December 10, 2013

Data refresh from PROD to Dev(lower environments) for Jira , does not bring down Structure data

what am i missing?

thanks for your help!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Structure data is stored separately from JIRA data. See https://wiki.almworks.com/x/OgBg

Basically, if both instances are down (or if you have Structure plugin temporarily disabled on both), you can just copy structure/ sub-directory from JIRA home.

Otherwise, you need to do Administration | Structure | Backup Structure and Restore Structure.

Hope this helps!
Igor

Sree December 10, 2013

This is what i am looking for! thanks Igor

0 votes
Sree December 10, 2013

NOT jira's export and import.

its a flat database dump and reload

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2013

Ok, good.

After you did this (and I assume you did it while Jira was offline), then did you re-index Jira in full?

Sree December 10, 2013

Nic - Igor responded with an answer & that answers my question

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2013

I saw that :-) Good that you've marked him correct.

0 votes
Sree December 10, 2013

its an export of oracle jira data & import to lower environments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2013

Sorry, I need to know what the method was. Did you use Jira's export and import? A flat database dump and reload? Restored a database backup? Something else?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2013

How are you doing the "data refresh"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events