copy confluence page with gliffy diagram

Mordechai Cikk July 13, 2017

After copying a page with a Gliffy diagram to another space, it opens with Error 404! Diagram not found.

I corrected the problem by re-creating the diagram from the original as Template.

Is there an easier way to do this?

I haven't had this problem with other macros that get copied with a page...

Thanks

Mordechai

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

What exact operation do you perform to copy the page? Is this Server or Cloud? In the copied page, are the attachments copied from the original page?

Mordechai Cikk July 25, 2017

this is server.

correction to what I wrote above

What works: copy page to a different space using the page tool copies the Gliffy diagram linked to the original diagram

What doesn's work:

- in edit mode, copy gliffy macro to new page (even in same space)

- in view mode  of source page, copy gliffy macro to new page (even in same space)

Other attachments get copied.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

The problem is you need an operation that copies the attachment as well. There's no way to detect the copy and paste of the macro in a way that copies the attachment. Same thing with copying from the storage format. You have to copy the attachments manually in both cases.

Mordechai Cikk July 26, 2017

Yea. That is what I ended up doing.

Thanks.

Paul June 11, 2018

We have a similar problem. We are running Confluence Server 6.9.1 and noticed that when copying  a page that contains Gliffy diagrams we see the Gliffy 404 No Diagram Found error. It isn't until clicking Save that the diagrams are visible in the new page.

kind regards

Paul.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events