can i use jjupin to validate if a link exists

jim blizzard November 25, 2012

I want to be able to validate if a link exists on an issue as a condition of workflow

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Oh, I see now.

Yes, it is possible using JQL like this (this is the SIL code that when used in a condition will do just what you want):

string [] linkedIssues = selectIssues("issue in linkedIssues(\" " + key + " \") ");
if(size(linkedIssues) == 0){
    return false;
}
return true;

Additionally, we have a specialized routine in our roadmap that will do: getLinkedIssues(parent, issueLinkType)

Thanks.. I will try this out shortly and let you know if I have any issues/questions.

Florin

I've tried this and it always returns false. What might I be doing wrong?

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

My bad! I accidentally added an empty space before and after the key which resulted in the JQL being "issue in linkedIssues("<space><KEY><space>")".

The correct form is

selectIssues("issue in linkedIssues(\"" + key + "\") ");

.. note the removed spaces

Sorry about that.

1 vote
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

Hi Jim,

It's not really clear to me what you are trying to accomplish here. You want to see if a condition in the workflow is fulfilled (which would mean that there is a specific transition available as a button on the issue) ? Where would you like to do this check? In a post-function? Listener? Service? Gadget? Please give us more details about the problem you are trying to solve.

Regards,

Florin Manaila.

0 votes

Thanks Florin

In a pre-condition (or validation) I want to NOT allow users to see/use the transition button if there is ZERO linked issues. I cannot use subtasks because this pre-condiation may be applied to subtasks as well. Hopefully that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events