can I edit more than one issue at a time

bensutherland August 3, 2012

is there anyway to edit multiple issues at once. for example, if I wanted to resolve 20 issues, is there anyway to select them all then resolve them all at once?

2 answers

1 vote
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

In the upcoming Structure 2.0 we'll have "bulk edit" functionality (which will actually use JIRA's bulk edit) - you will be able to select issues and apply a change to them. (https://jira.almworks.com/browse/HJ-368)

In the current version 1.7, it is also possible but with some extra effort. The way to do it is to use structure() JQL function described here: https://wiki.almworks.com/x/34B7 - this function lets you select issues from a structure in the Issue Navigator. But it is limited to selecting only a whole structure, or a whole sub-tree of issues.

So, in case you need to change all issues in a structure, or issues that constitute a sub-tree in a structure, do the following:

1. Open Issue Navigator, enter JQL issue in structure('my structure name') or issue in structure('my structure name', ABC-123)
  2. Use the standard Tools | Bulk Edit button to change them all

If you need to change arbitrary issues, do the following:

1. Using spacebar or Ctrl+A select multiple issues in the structure.
  2. Click "Cut" icon on the toolbar or press Ctrl+X.
  3. Open Structure | Create Structure menu and create a temporary structure, say, named "temp".
  4. Open structure "temp".
  5. Click "Paste" icon or press Ctrl+V; alternatively, open issue clipboard (small icon in the top left corner) and drag-and-drop issues to the new structure.
  6. Use the sequence given above to change all issues in the structure "temp".
  7. Delete structure "temp".

Hope this helps!
Igor

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2012
bensutherland August 3, 2012

but, how can I queue this off from with in Structure?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2012

ask the people from almworks. They get paid for their plugin, so they should answer your questions about their software

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events