bulkclone error 404 after upgrading to jira v7.

Kris Pijck July 4, 2017

Hey,

We upgraded to jira v7.4 this weekend but now i'm having issues with bulkclone.

when doing a bulkclone i already see:

bulk.clone.pro.operation.name.keybulk.clone.pro.operation.description

when i press next i get a death link error:

404 you've found a dead link.

4 answers

0 votes
Lars Broden July 17, 2017

Hi,

We have done some extensive testing on this now and the issue apears if you disable the plugin and then try to do a Bulk Clone operation, it looks messy and if you still trying to force a Bulk Clone operation, you will get a 404 error. If you enable the plugin again it looks normal, as expected and works as expected. If you want to keep the plugin disabled and not having the issue above, please RE-Start the server and the issue will go away.

We are using BulkOperationManager in the Atlassian SDK and it does not unfortunately have a method to unload the component: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/7.1.6/com/atlassian/jira/bulkedit/BulkOperationManager.html

We tested with some other plugins that provide bulk operations and the same happens with them, so it is not a Bulk Clone issue, rather a Atlassian SDK issue, but can be bypassed as described above.

0 votes
Lars Broden July 14, 2017

Which Version of Bulk Clone are you running on?

0 votes
Deepti Sawhney July 12, 2017

We have the same error on Jira 7.2.6

We tried to use Bulk Clone basic after testing Bulk Clone professional.

The clone option changed to - 

bulk.clone.pro.operation.name.key  bulk.clone.pro.operation.description

and the cloning fails with the following error - 

Oops, you've found a dead link.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

Same answer, it looks like the version you have in there is not compatible with your version of JIRA.

Check you're using the right version of the add-on, then raise it with the vendor.

Deepti Sawhney July 14, 2017

It worked earlier. Then we disabled it so that we could test Bulk Clone Basic. After that, the Bulk Clone professional doesn't work.

We have enabled it, uninstalled it and the option still shows.

Lars Broden July 14, 2017

Which Version of Bulk Clone are you running on?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2017

Sounds like the add-on is broken in this version.  You'll want to raise this with the vendor at https://bulkclone.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Kris Pijck July 5, 2017

hey Nic, i did send an e-mail als i'm not able to create a ticket.

Lars Broden July 15, 2017

We can confirm the bug and will have a fix out wihtin a few days.

A temporary workaround is to restart the Jira Server and the error goes away when the plugin is disabled

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events