bulk editing issues

Saarvaani Vadlamani March 30, 2016

How to edit bulk issues using excel4jira. Alos,I could not see the column wise filters to filter the rows as shown in the video.

I am using jira7.0.4 and am also the administrator.

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks!!!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tsuguchi, Takaaki March 30, 2016

Please change "Page Size" so that you can see "All" issues.

For 1.2,  

view of all issues.JPG

For earlier, 

image-2016-03-31-10-36-56-253.png

"All" will let you use the filter function that is available on the column header.  

Please refer to the URL below for more details.

https://rssupport.atlassian.net/wiki/display/EDITOR/How+to+use#Howtouse-7.Sortandfilter

Saarvaani Vadlamani March 31, 2016

Thanks,"All" made the filter option available.How about bulk editing? copy pasting is not working for me.

Yoshie Matsuo March 31, 2016

Hi Saarvaani Valamani,

For bulk copy & paste, please try taking these two steps below.

1.Choose the selected range by using your keyboard (Shift+Arrow) or using a mouse.
2.After that, Use “Ctrl + C” and “Ctrl + V” on your keyboard.

Could you take a stab at copying and pasting one of the cells by using these steps?

If vou attach a screen shot without moving, it may does help us to understand what you are confused about.

Thank you,

Saarvaani Vadlamani April 1, 2016

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I was trying to edit the status of the issues from "In progress" to "Done".I guess some fields are locked and not editable.

Besides above,I have 2 more questions smile

1. I do not see all the columns in the excel. Is there a setting that I am missing?
  2. When I open the plugin from issues page and try to expand the columns,the excel page is getting stuck.Is this a known problem?

Appreciate your help.

Yoshie Matsuo April 3, 2016

Dear Saarvaani Vadlamani,

I was trying to edit the status of the issues from "In progress" to "Done".I guess some fields are locked and not editable.

• As you noticed, some fields are not editable which their backgrounds are colored gray. "Status" is one of them.

1.I do not see all the columns in the excel. Is there a setting that I am missing?

• On default setting, it does not show all of columns. When Issue Editor is started from Issue Navigator, only columns which shown in Issue Navigator will be took over.As a result, you need to display the columns on Issue Navigator which you would like to show on Issue Editor. After that, you need to start Issue Editor from “Edit Button” on the tool bar. (However, you cannot use it because next trouble has happened, can you?)

2.When I open the plugin from issues page and try to expand the columns,the excel page is getting stuck.Is this a known problem?

Thank you,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events