bitbucket synch - I'm not seeing the synch button

I am pretty sure I am getting dumber as I age.

I am somewhat new to bit bucket and have been using Hg for a year or so. Last month, I created a bit-bucket fork (from default) to work on my own repo. That worked fine until my co-workers started creating other branches and I couldn't see those branches in my local Hg.

I learned that I should have forked from the default-tip and then I'd see all of the branches. So I deleted my repo, forked from the tip and everything was great. I could see and 'update-to' any branch.

My problem (now) is that whehenver the latest patches are approved and merged into the default branch, I never get the 'synch' button and I can't see them in my local Hg client.

Am I completely missing something? This seems like it should be so easy.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Nov 05, 2013

Michael: Here's some information I found about syncing your fork in Bitbucket.

Syncing a Fork

1. Go to your fork.
  2. Click the Compare button.
    By default, the system shows you outgoing changes. That is, changes made on your fork that do not exist in the original repository.
  3. Click Incoming to see what changes were made in the original that do not exist on your fork.
    Bitbucket lists any changes it finds and provides instructions for merging the changes in the local repository.
  4. Merge the changes on your local clone of the fork.
  5. Push the changes back to your remote repository.

This blog post also talks about forking and sync.

Thanks. That worked like a charm. The only difference is the "incoming" appears to be renamed as "Swap source and destination"

About making a feature worst. Horrible new interface.

Where did this feature go in the new interface?!

I am not sure why that awesome feature (Your repo is X commit behind, click here to sync) are not available anymore. Frustrating.... 

Same problem here. Where is the sync link. How I do it now? 

Vivek I'm New Here May 31, 2018

Where is that option "Your repository is 2 commit behind, click here to sync" in new UI ?

This widget could not be displayed.

HI,

How can I auto Synch  main repository to Fork repository  in Bitbucket server .I mean to say If another user has commited changes   to main repository then that changes to be synch with my fork repository.

Please let me know how can I do it.

Please reply.

Thanks

having the same issue.Screenshot_141.png

I have the same problem

same problem.

is there a solution yet ?

Any solution yet?  Still need to know how to do this...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 25, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud Integration with Microsoft Teams

One of the newest products in the Microsoft family - Microsoft Teams,  is a chat-based hub for teamwork that integrates all the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and ...

733 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you