best approach to use Script Runner to create a report

Sergei Petrov August 7, 2014

I have been tasked to automate creation of report, like show issues not linked, not closed etc.

The end result should be excel or word doc with several columns containg list of issues. I can generate these lists running my separate groovy scripts in Script Console. Then I copy/paste results to different columns. But I'm wondering if end users (Prod Managers) could just click a button and have report ready. What is the best approach to this? My only guess is to create a custom issue type with scripted fields. Please advise if anyone had similar task.

2 answers

0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2014

We are using two methods (basically postfunctions in WF adding attachment):

• Groovy Script with MarkupBuilder for creating HTML reports
  • Postfunction from XPorter (with reasonable pricing) for DOCX reports, followed with script attaching generated file to issue
0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2014

I was going to do "script reports" but didn't bother because the reports functionality in jira seems to be getting increasingly marginalised. Instead I wrote a general reports and gadgets plugin but abandoned it.

I don't have a good answer right now. Maybe workflow actions on a specific issue type that will generate the excel or whatever and add to the issue as an attachment? Seems a bit clunky.

Sergei Petrov August 7, 2014

Thank you Jamie, I'll take a look at your reports plugin. BTW, nice Order of the Red Star :)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2014

Thanks ;-)

I wouldn't bother with the reports plugin, try the other idea...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events