autopopulate attributes in Insight object based on another object's attributes

Ernesto Portillo January 25, 2018

I am building an asset management process, and that includes mobile device management as well as their lines and phone numbers. I made phone numbers as a separate object because phones and phone numbers will rotate around in an organization, and i wanted to be able to associate/disassociate them at any time. I was wondering if there was a way to autopopulate the "IMEI_history" in the "Number" object every time that the "Phone" object is updated with a number. for example, the "12345-serial" Phone object references the "5152841111" Number object, but I was the 515284111 IMEI_History field to have a record that the "12345-serial" Phone object once held the phone number. number_object.PNGphone_object.PNG

Am I approaching this wrong? can anyone point out a better way? I made the Number as a separate object for direct association to a single object, but I also want to have a record of what phone object has had that number before. I thought groovy scripts could help me accomplish that but that's more advanced than my current knowledge allows. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2018

Hi Ernesto.

Using groovy script in Automation, this would be possible, i.e updating the Number Object that has been set on the Phone object. I can't give you a script for it, but I can guide you to our documentation where we have examples of groovy scripts, and where our open API is documented.

It's also worth mentioning that you can visit https://riada.se/partners/#partnerlist where you can get in contact with one of our partners, that could help you with creating groovy scripts, and configuring both Insight and JIRA.

For more information about groovy scripts and automation, take a look at 

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events