assignee option greyed out and not available when creating test issues

Ahjaz Hussain January 16, 2013

I cannot assign test issues, I am using our custom workflow and creating incidents, change, task etc is fine, but the assign option is missing

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Hi Ahjaz,

I just answered the question on the other formum quesiton, but I will answer it here as well.

The concept of testcases and testcases assignments has a different owner concept than the assignement of an issue in JIRA.

For example, a testcase can be executed in mutliple test cycles. This begs the question on how this ownership applies. The JIRA ownership workflow is liniar, in where one person has it. This makes sense for a defect. Testcases, however, can have a different lifecyle.

For example, a single testcase can be put in numerous cycles for execution against vairous builds or environments. With the JIRA workflow concept, then this all executions could only be assigned to one person.

For this reason, we've taken Issue Assignment functionality away from testcases. At the same time we haven't yet added our own assignement functionality in our test cycles. This is on our enhancement list.

Kind Regards,
Chris

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2013

Have you checked that your user has "assign issues" permission in the project?

Ahjaz Hussain January 16, 2013

Yes, this is primarily for the Zephyr plugin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2013

Um, that's not really an answer. Let's say you've got a user called "Fred".

Can Fred assign issues in the standard Jira UI?

If they can, then how have you configured Zephyr to handle their activity? Are they still Fred in Zephyr? Is it using the right account? Are you sure Zephyr and Jira think Zephyr-Fred == Jira-Fred?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events