any wiki for rating custom field?

rozuan February 14, 2013

hi,

my company need to implement this rating which is to rate the work.

do have any wiki to install and configure this plugin?

thanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

I don't think if there's any such custom field. Though you can use the custom field of type Radio Button and add the customfield named Rating and add 1 to 5 as its options. Configure this customfield to the screens and start using this customfield.

Hope this serves your purpose!

rozuan February 25, 2013

Hi Naren,

I found this one plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.slie.jira.plugins.customfield

Maybe you can advice me.

Or the last option, I will follow your suggestion to use radio button.

Thanks.

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Ohkk.. thanks for the link. I just installed the plugin and checked it. Just works exactly the same way what you expect. But what do you mean by -

do have any wiki to install and configure this plugin?

rozuan February 25, 2013

Thanks. I dont know how to install and configure the plugin. Can you give me some tutorials? I'm using v5.2.3

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2013

I just followed the below steps -

1. Downloaded the plugin using below link - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.slie.jira.plugins.customfield
  2. Copied this plugin to - C:\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins
  3. Restart JIRA
  4. Under Administration-> Issue-> Fields-> Add Custom Fields. Select the Rating Custom Field.
  5. Add this new customfield of the Rating type with name, say, Work Rating, you can select the applicable issue types and projects for which you want this customfield to work, and then click Finish.
  6. Select the screens on which you would like to see this customfield, and then click Update
  7. [Optional] You can reindex JIRA if the reindexing takes less tim, else leave it for some other time.
  8. Infront of the newly added customfield named - Work Rating, you'll see the cog icon, click on the Configure link. Under Edit Options link, you can add the options by inserting values 1 to 5
  9. Once done with the above steps, try creating the issue. On Create issue screen, you will see the customfield named Work Rating with 5 horizontal radio buttons.
  10. Select anyone out of 5 radio buttons and upon creating the issue, you'll will be able to see the customfield Work Rating with the stars highlighted (based on the radio button you selected) on the View Issue screen.

Hope this answers your query!

rozuan February 26, 2013

Hi Naren, Thanks for your guidelines/tutorials. I already test it and its giving me no respon in my JIRA 5.2.3. When I add the work rating custom field its no response but when I remove work rating field its ok in my screen. Which version do you test this plugin?

Thanks a lot.

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2013

I am using JIRA v5.2.7. Don't know why its not working at your end. Though the plugin exactly fits your requirement, why don't you try the simple radio button. :)

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2013
0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2013

Rozuan, I'm sorry but I can't understand what exactly do you need. Could you please clarify for us what you're trying to achieve?

Cheers,

Bruno Rosa

rozuan February 25, 2013

i would like to find a plugin for custom field for rating. do you guys know where I can find that plugin and any wiki to configure the field?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events