accessing external services

Dario “Dokuro” Soto November 6, 2017

Is there a way to make a call to an external (non jira) REST API, like a custom made web service with data or a table on AWS DynamoDB?

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Yes,  you can do it. It does not matter if you call a Jira rest function or any other program Rest function. It is all the same. 

You can find an example here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Send-a-HTTP-POST-as-a-post-function/qaq-p/312384

Thanks Alexey Matveev.

Do you think this could be what I was looking for, no?
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/rest-endpoints.html

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Rest endpoint in scriptrunner let you develop your own rest endpoint in Jira. You can call it from an external application. In other words the external application can call your Rest Api developed in Scriptrunner.  But as far as I understand you want the opposite. You want to call external application from Jira. 

adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2017

Hi Dario,

As Alexey mentioned you'll want to use that example of HttpBuilder to call out to external REST services. It will work from anywhere within ScriptRunner.

You can also use RESTClient to do the same.

Script REST endpoints are used so other people can call JIRA or if you have a front-end component that needs to call the server side of JIRA to produce some effect. For example update an issue.

Thanks,
Adam

I found this example where they seem to create an external REST endpoint to github to gather data.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2017

Yes,  you can use it too.

I will be testing this options then. Thanks everyone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events