Zooming in / out of the range of date

For example, I want to see 4 or 5 months worth of scheduled project work. Right now I can only see two months at a time.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi Yen,

your screenshot illustrates, you are NOT using my Gantt-Chart add-on (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.polscheit.jira.plugins.gantt) as I have already assumed within my first reply: you are using a competitive add-on by a French vendor called Soyatec!

If you would use my Gantt-Chart for JIRA add-on (see URL/link above), you can easily switch timelines like shown below:

Kind regards,
Frank

Hi Yen,

using my Gantt-Chart, you specify the issues being displayed e.g. via selected JIRA filter. Talking from zooming in/out, I assume you may have mixed my add-on with Soyatec's "Gantt-Chart Project" add-on, which they named very similar to mine ... in that case, please contact the correct vendor. Otherwise, you can open a support request via click on that gantt-menu item within the question mark menu (?).

Kind regards,
Frank

Ah, I was asking if I can zoom in / out to see a smaller / larger date range. I suppose this isn't a supported feature?

You can do that by just using a related JIRA filter having a JQL like 'Planned Start' > -4w AND 'Planned End' <= +12w (see Atlassian JIRA documentation on JQL if your are not that familiar with it). Storing such filter having relative dates instead of absolute dates (e.g. 04/29/2014), you can use the same filter every day but getting a sliding time window.

Kind regards,
Frank

Thanks Frank - the filter narrows the range of tasks that are viewable, but what I am looking for is for the Gantt chart itself to display 3-4 months of work (in the "Months" row above the "Days" row at the top of the chart if that helps). I attached an image as reference

Currently I see that I can only toggle that button from Months to Weeks as opposed to viewing a larger range.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

1,967 views 5 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you