Zephyr traceability for executions for searched version only

Anubhav Bansal April 7, 2017

While pulling Traceability Report, why are all executions listed when the search is for a version, In the image below the 3 executionslisted are from 3 different versions and all are listed when searched for one Version and Story.ZephyrIssue.jpeg

This looks some what out of place.

1 answer

0 votes
Arun Ravindran April 10, 2017

Hi Anubhav

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.

Please note that the Versions that the dropdown values take into account is the of "Fix Version" and not "Affects Version".Chances are all the test executions that you are getting listed is having the same Fix version?

Thanks

Zephyr Support

Anubhav Bansal April 10, 2017

I think I was not clear enough in the first post,

Given that : -

- The Test Cycle is associated to a Version,

- Story is associated to a version [from your response Fix Version]

Assumption:  Test Case's association to a version should not matter

Now to pull traceability , I select a version and a Story;

From the listed stories I select one and generate traceability from [Requirements --> Tests --> Executions --> Defects]

In the result, Test Cycles from Versions other than the one selected are also displayed.

The scenario is that the Test Case(s) attached to the story are regression cases and were executed in the past for a diffferent story; but pulling a report now should bring up only Test Cycles for selected version.

Please lete me know if this explains the issue.

Arun Ravindran April 16, 2017

Hi Anubhav

Thanks for the explanatation

We would recommend you to raise a ticket with our support team so that one of our engineers can contact you and proceed accordingly on this issue as generally all the test executions only in aprticular version should be displayed in Traceability report

Can you sign up to our support site "https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us" and use the option "Submit a Case" to raise ticket with us and one of our engineers would immediately contact you on this?

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Kate April 29, 2020

Hi 

Did this issue get fixed as i am having the same issue with the report. I have all tests that i want to report on with the fix version applied. However when i generate the report it shows the tests that have been tested in previous version, the previous tests do not have the fix version they have the affected version applied but are still being pulled through. Any ideas on how i can fix this. It makes the tractability quite confusing. 

Regards 

Kate  

Harish Meeran May 25, 2020

Any progress on this issue. Without this, its impossible to include regression and retest as part of traceability

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events