Zephyr : tests steps does not appear in execution screen

Christopher April 9, 2014

Since I upgraded to 2.2.0.22001474, sometimes, tests steps does not appear on test execution screen.

Is there a workaround ?

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2014

Hello Julien, Daniel,

We have fixed the issue in our upcoming release i.e Zephyr For JIRA 2.5.

We will announce the exact release date shortly on our blog:

http://blogs.yourzephyr.com/?tag=zephyr-for-jira

Please stay tuned!

Regards,

Bibek

0 votes
Julien Chatellier July 22, 2014

Great news, thanks for the update Bibek. Will keep an eye on the update.

Julien

0 votes
Daniel Byrne June 17, 2014

Hello,

We are having the same issue as well. We have the latest trial from the Atlassian Marketplace.

If you refresh the page about 5 or 6 times you can get the test steps to show up.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 votes
Julien Chatellier June 16, 2014

Hi Emily,

I am running a test session with a whole group of people (over 20). We are using Chrome, IE and I think a couple are also using Firefox. We have had this problem very consistently throughout the group.

I have to add, if it is an interesting indication for you, that we have bandwith limitation and the response time is very long. I've had this issue in the past, but not as often as with this group with this response time problem.

Eventually, the steps always appear. But you have to refresh sometimes 20 times - more than what anyone is willing to accept.

Thanks,

Julien

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Hi Julian,

Currently there is not a direct solution. It is something that our team is working on finding out. What browser are you currently using?

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Julien Chatellier June 15, 2014

Good morning,

Was a solution provided?

Having the same issue, where sometimes I have to refresh the page 10 times before getting the steps to display. I've had this issue very consistently.

Thank you.

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

Hi Christophe,

We would like to troubleshoot this further however, we think it would be best to continue it over email. This way you are not posting anything sensative publicly.

Can you please email us to support(at)getzephyr(dot)com. We will be able to assit you further this way.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Christopher April 9, 2014

Hi Emily,

1) we use Jira 6.1.3

2) Chrome 34.0.1847.116 m

3) I cannot find a pattern. On the same test I can have the problem in the morning and no more problem one hour later. At the same moment I have the problem on some Test and not on some other.

The refresh does not solve the problem. Going back to Test and returning to Execution view can solve the problem sometimes but not all the times.

I am sorry, but I don't have anything more precise and I know it'a hard to debug such kind of bugs !!

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2014

Hi Christophe,

Just a few quesitons to help troubleshoot what you are seeing:

1) What version of JIRA are you currently running?

2) What browser are you using and its version?

3) Do you have steps so we can try to reproduce?

You say sometimes the test steps appear and other times they do not. Do you notice a pattern as to when you see it happens versus when you do not?

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events