Zephyr test status VS JIRA issue status

Weijing February 17, 2014

I executed a test in Zephyr, but the issue status still was 'unresolved'. If I want to search all unresolved issues, I have to exclude Zephyr test issues.

How to make issue status as 'resolved' after a test was completed?

2 answers

0 votes
Vinod Thomas August 7, 2015

My understanding is that a Test item is a test case and as such it should be marked finished once reviewed. However test executions are instances of a test case being executed in a test cycle. Its a bit confusing and I would welcome any suggestions.

Frank Steudle January 14, 2019

This is my point of view: A test case is not PASS, FAIL or whatever. It is a document, which will be updated regularly. So it should be processed by using a JIRA workflow with simple states for creating and review (like mentioned here by Eddie). The default workflow for test executions should be enough, because there the states are PASS, FAIL,...

Best wishes

Frank

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Hi Weijing,

Since an issue type Test is a standard JIRA issue type, the same rulesshould apply for it as a Bug, Task, Etc. You will need to add the issue type Test to your workflow and allow users to change the Test to closed/resolved as you do with other issue types. It is important to note that changing an issue type (any issue type including issue type Test) to Closed, or Fixed, or any JIRA resolution type is a JIRA feature. We in Zephyr for JIRA have no play in this. Because of this, if you are not sure how to allow an issue type to follow your current workflow, you will want to reach out to your JIRA admin or Atlassian, They will be able to assist you with your JIRA workflows and show you how to incorporate additional issue types into it.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events