Zephyr says Successfully Executed Test even when the test has failed.

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

When I execute a test and change any field a green box displays at the top of the test and says "Success! Successfully Executed Test." It does this even when I set the 'Execution Status' to "Fail".

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

Hi JS,

We look at the process of executing a testcase serperatly from the the result of the testcase. Here a successful execution means that you have successfully changed the testcase to a result. The result is independent of the comment.

Kind Regards,
Chris

1 vote
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

Thank you Chris for the quick response. I understand the message now and that it refers to the entire test being successfully executed. I don't see the need for it to pop up every time I change the Execution Status. It currently seems to be just telling me that I successfully picked one of the options from that dropdown instead of telling me something I don't already know. Maybe something to look at in a future release?

Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

Hi JS,

I've passed on your feedback to the dev team for consideration for a future release.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events