Zephyr says Successfully Executed Test even when the test has failed.

When I execute a test and change any field a green box displays at the top of the test and says "Success! Successfully Executed Test." It does this even when I set the 'Execution Status' to "Fail".

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi JS,

We look at the process of executing a testcase serperatly from the the result of the testcase. Here a successful execution means that you have successfully changed the testcase to a result. The result is independent of the comment.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Thank you Chris for the quick response. I understand the message now and that it refers to the entire test being successfully executed. I don't see the need for it to pop up every time I change the Execution Status. It currently seems to be just telling me that I successfully picked one of the options from that dropdown instead of telling me something I don't already know. Maybe something to look at in a future release?

Hi JS,

I've passed on your feedback to the dev team for consideration for a future release.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

835 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you