Zephyr metrics in JIRA

Tom O'Connor October 6, 2012

I am using Zephyr Enterprise Edition and JIRA on premise v5.1. I have the Enterprise Connector installed and Enabled in JIRA. I have Zephyr setup to used JIRA s the defect tracking tool.

I can see JIRA stats in the Metrics and Reports section of Zephyr.

What I would like to do is have these Metrics and Reports displayed on the dashboard in JIRA as only our QA Dept. uses Zephyr and the rest of the company use JIRA/

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

Hello Kemp,

Thank you for the very clear explanation. It's been passed on to the product team and it is high on our list of priorities for our Zephyr Enterprise Edition.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

First, it is technicaly possible. The Zephyr APIs probably offer enough information to take care of your needs. Zephyr could build gadgets for this, Atlassian could build gadgets for this, or any other developer who wanted to invest their time.

1. At this point I'll submit this as a feature request to the Zephyr product team. To help us out as we examine the potential for adding this feature, what metrics would you want to be displayed from Zephyr in the JIRA Dashboards?

2. Feel free to submit this as a feature request to Atlassian.

And a final question:

How would you quantify the return on the work involved in setting this up?

Currently, Zephyr has worked hard to make all our metrics available for free in our dashboards, including JIRA metrics. The Zephyr product team would have to weigh the value added against lost viewing of our own dashboards.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Tom O'Connor October 14, 2012

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response.

Answers to above Questions.

1. What Metrics would you like displayed from Zephyr in the JIRA Dashboard?

a. Test Case Execution Metrics would be the major one, to give all stakeholders an view to what stage QA are at with a particular release

b. Overall Defect Distribution by Status Metric - very important chart also

c. Test Case Distribution by Phase - also important

2. I will submit this feature request to Atlassian

3. How would you quantify the return on the work involved in setting this up?

In my organisation Zephyr was only purchased for the QA team and was carefully chosen for it's integration with JIRA which will be used by other stakeholders in the organisation that would not have the where withall, nor the interest to (nor would be allowed to) login to the QA Testing Framework to get access to these metrics. It was therefore a requirement to be able to export metrics to JIRA for this purpose. It has been stated that "Zephyr offers comprehensive and unique 2-way integration with both JIRA 4.x/5.x", if this is the case would it not be very little effort to create a gadget to display these metrics?

In my case there would be no loss to the viewing of the Zephyr Dashboard because these stakeholders would not have access to it, in fact I thibnk it would be a gain to Zephyr to be a viewable gadget on JIRAs dashboard and would expose Zephyr to alot of people that would not have heard of it before.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events