Zephyr for JIRA Execution page Test Steps column width

Hi,

Could you please help me how can I broaden the Test Step, Test Data, Expected Result fields on Execution page. (and narrow Comment Field for example)

Zephyr version : 2.1.1.1463

Thank you in Advance!

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello,

Currently there is not a way to adjust the column sizes on the Execution page. They sizes of the Test Step, Test Data, and Expected result columns are all set in size. This is due to the fact that JIRA allows us a finite amount of room to work in so we are using the space we have.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Hi,

If we cannot increase the column size would it be possible to offfer either

- the chance of changing columns into rows within a step. this could be an option and so would not impact all users of your product yet it would offer those who wish to do so increased readability.

- make it each cell expandable when passed over so as to present an increased viewable area.

I too am receiving negative feedback from my users on this issue.

Cheers Ian

Hi Ian,

In the end of March we will be releasing Zephyr for JIRA 2.2. This version will contain the ability to collapse columns from the Search Test Executions view which can be used during execution.

Kind Regards,

Emily

My company has been using JIRA for nearly a year, not only for s/w defect tracking but for all types of engineering issues. Our SVT team has test plans we would like to manually import from MS Word into Zephyr for JIRA.  The plans are in a tabular format similar to Zephyr's and MANY of those plans have miniature screen shots in the expected results column for some test steps. Will Zephyr be able to accomodate this basic snapshot requirement in some future version? In keeping with the above theme of limiting column widths because of real estate limitations in the browser, the pictures in the Expected Results column should be presented as thumbnails that are displayed full size only when the user clicks on the thumbnail. This is exactly how snapshots are presented in regular JIRA issues and any JIRA user would be expecting this paradigm.  For example, if "exclamation -point"filename.jpg"pipe"thumbnail"exclamation point" worked to insert a thumbnail of an attachment named "filename.jpg" into text the same way it works in a regular JIRA issue, we'd have exactly what we're looking for!

The current columns, even if you can hide them are USELESS.  have you tried to put real test data steps and info in them?  please provide a way to have the data in rows, not columns.  very unusable this way.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

428 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you