Zephyr for JIRA: Display the test step columns vertically

I am trying to create a test plan and using zephyr for this is extremely convenient. I would like to do something better, however. My screen is somewhat narrow and so the columns in the test steps, namely 'test step', 'test data', and 'expected result', are only around 5 characters wide each.

I wonder if there is a way to display the columns vertically in each step in the current version of Zephyr for JIRA, e.g.

1. Test Step

... <test step here>

Test Data
... <test data here>

Expected Results
... <expected results here>

2. Test Step
... <test step here>

Test Data
... <test data here>

Expected Results
... <expected results here>

??? If so, how do I set that up?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Daniel,

Currently there is not a way to adjust these columns. This is due to Atlassian giving us a very finite amount of room to work within. The sections surrounding this area all belong to JIRA and we are not able to interfere with them.

However, I will still pass this idea onto our product team. I am not sure if they will be able to do much however at least they will have ideas on other ways to perhaps format the section JIRA gives us.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

486 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you