Zephyr and Bonfire Integration

Corey Wright August 19, 2012

We are already using Bonfire and are considering using Zephyr for a test case manager. I know that Zephyr allows you to create new test cases through Bonfire but if we would rather use Bonfire to report bugs (it just keeps the testers from having to do a lot of context switching if they can report everything within the browser) is there a way through Bonfire to associate Bonfire bugs with a Zephyr test case?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Corey Wright August 21, 2012

It looks like you can actually. If you open a bug in bonfire you can search for the bug in the defect field of the test execution and add it to your test. That actually works pretty well.

0 votes
Corey Wright November 4, 2012

Thanks, I opened bonfire and it updated me but it looks like it just updated me to 2.5.3.

0 votes
gdavidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Bonfire 2.6 has just been released, which includes support for the JIRA's issue link field when creating an issue. You could use this field to link the bug to the Zephyr test case during creation, as long as the field is configured to appear in JIRA's screen settings.

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Hi Corey,

Check out our documentation regarding how you can use Bonfire to Create Tests for Zephyr for JIRA.

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/Creating+Tests+with+Bonfire

Kind Regards,

Chris

Corey Wright August 21, 2012

Again, thanks Chris. I had already seen that. I'm more referring to openning bugs with bonfire while executing a planned test in Zephyr. We'll keep playing around with it though and see how it goes.

0 votes
Corey Wright August 20, 2012

Thanks Chris. We'll continue to investigate. The main reason for us to go with bonfire is the ability to create templates and to avoid a lot of context switching in the testing. Our testers that have used it really like it so the degree that the two might be stepping on each others toes concerns me a little. But we do need a test manager that will integrate nicely with jira so we'll continue to investigate further.

You can use Zephyr within a Bonfire test session right?

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2012

Hi Corey,

This doesn't appear to be possible at the moment, if my instalation of Bonfire is correct.

I looked at a default setup of Bonfire and don't see the JIRA "Link" function available.

Thus while in JIRA, you can link a Bonfire-created bug to a Zephyr testcase with the Link function, as they are both native issue types in JIRA. However the UI of Bonfire doesn't appear to offer this JIRA Link function.

I am from the Zephyr side, and can offer full expertise in Zephyr for JIRA. You may need to Bonfire expert to confirm whether or not you can use the JIRA "link" functionality in Bonfire.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events