Zephyr Test Cycle Name not displaying entirely

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Hello - We are currently on JIRA 6.0.7

When planning or executing a Test Cycle and looking under "Cycle Summary" not enough of the Test Cycle name is displaying. See screenshot. Only 10 of the first letters display followed by ... Can this be changed to display the entire name please? Or, don't allow the name to be created with more characters than will display?

The only way I can get the entire name to display is to change the zoom on my browser to 50%. But then I can't read anything.

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Hi JS,

What you are seeing is expected behavior of Zephyr for JIRA. JIRA only allows us a very confined space to work within so we have to make the best use we can. In this situation Zephyr for JIRA will truncate the Test Cycle name if it is very long. However, if you hover over the name of the test cycle, the entire name should appear. I have attached a screen shot of what you will see.

Kind Regards,

Emily

3 votes
Finn Normann August 21, 2013

This is indeed quite annoying. The name field is truncated short, which makes it quite useless.

A workaround is to use the description field which for some reason JIRA/Zephyr allows plenty to room to write out completely. So just train your eyes to read the second column and you're fine.

0 votes
Janos Biro August 16, 2014

As I see the developers do not care at all however it is far the most annoying thing in Zephyr... I could accept to truncate the description but the title ??? Come on!

I Agile it is customary to test per Story... so one cycle - one story... but a name of a story is definitely longer than approx 15 chars.

PLEASE fix,

Thanks,

Regards,

Janos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events