Zephyr Test Case (Trial)

Hello,

I am using the trial version to evaluate the Zephyr add-on.  I can create an issue, but I do not see an option to select 'Test' as an issue type.  Therefore, I am unable to enter test steps.  Can you please tell me how to overcome this issue? 

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Karen,

If you are not able to see "TEST" as an issue type option it means the issue type is not associated to the issue type scheme used by that project. Please follow the below steps to associate the issue type to your current issue type scheme used by the project.

• Navigate to Projects -> <Select Project>
  • Select Project Administration on the left side from the project page
  • You will be redirected to project administration page where the issue types are displayed. Click on the "Issue Types" from the options on left side.
  • Now click Action on the top right of the page and select Edit Issue Types which leads to "Modify Issue Type Scheme" page were you can drag and drop the "Test" issue type to current scheme.
  • Once the above steps are done you will be get the TEST issue type as an option

Please note you have to associate the issue type to each scheme if you are using different issue type schemes.

Regards,

Zephyr Support.

I tried the steps listed above and my issue was resolved.  Thank you for your response.

Hi Karen,

If you are looking for a test managemnet add-on for JIRA, it might be worth to evaluate synapseRT NextGen add-on as well: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.go2group.jira.plugin.synapse/server/overview.
You can build your test cases to be TREE structure in a central space with synapseRT NextGen, just like other standalong test management tools like TestRail, TestLink etc. It also provides test planning, execution, reporting and requirement traceability features.

Email me at cma@go2group.com if you want a demo and learn more about synapseRT NextGen.

Regards,
Cheney

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

523 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you