Zephyr Test Case Screen dont show Test Steps and Execution fields

Canberk Akduygu June 15, 2015

Hello,

We have installed Zephyr for JIRA into our clloud instance. We have issue type "Test" and there seems to be no problem with it. But when we try to create a Test Case from Test menu, we have the wrong screen. That screen belongs to our Story item. When we create the item, test steps, execution buttons etc dont show up.

We created a test environment on cloud after having this problem, we tried to install the add-on, we have no problem at this server. But in our production we have this kind of situation.

What procedures should we follow?

We have JIRA v6.5-OD-05-041 and latest Zephyr

error.png

error-2.png

8 answers

1 vote
Marianne Ray June 24, 2020

According to Zephyr Docs, the next level details such as Test Details and Attachments are displayed after the issue is created.  So create an issue as you would any other issue, then click on it and you will see the option to add the Test Details, etc.  

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZFJCLOUD/pages/21757960/Create+Tests

0 votes
Nathanael Reveal February 19, 2021

Hey Folks!

In our case, we had to enable 3rd party cookies in Chrome before the Test Details UI would appear.

Best, Nat

0 votes
Thulini Dissanayake February 4, 2021

I'm facing the same issue, some of my team members cannot see test steps. We have tried in chrome aswell as firefox but no luck. Any updates on this issue?

0 votes
Liubov Poplavska March 11, 2020

I faced the same issue in Chrome browser, but running Jira in Firefox was successful: I got the needed fields on the screen

Priya Crasta March 11, 2020

Even i faced the same issue in chrome browser. we need solution for chrome

CleverOnly March 29, 2020

I have this issue even with Firefox

0 votes
Divya Bhandary March 4, 2020

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue. An issue type of Test was already created when Zephyr for Jira was installed. But then I dont see the Test Details as one of the fields. I have raised it with Smart Bear and I am given 'https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZFJCLOUD/overview' link. This is of no help to me. Because I dont have any issues in the set up but with this one field not visible. I am not able to understand why an add on seems to give so much of a trouble while this should have worked smoothly. P.S., There was another issue before this where on clicking of Create test the screen just changes appearance and freezes. This was resolved after consultants from Smart Bear looked into it. 

Please let me know what was done to get this resolved. 

Rashi Somani March 14, 2021

Hi Divya, 

Have you solve the issue? I am also facing same issue.

Thank you

0 votes
Josh Dickerson February 3, 2020

We are having the same issue. I have several co-workers that can create a test, but when they go to the Details section of the test to add the test steps; the Test Steps, Test Data and Test Results sections (and boxes) do not appear.Details Section Missing.png

Even after waiting a few minutes it does not appear. 

madhura February 3, 2020

Try to contact support - https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=zephyr_for_jira

They provide faster solution.

Rashi Somani March 14, 2021

Hi

Have you solve the issue? I am also facing same issue.

Thank you

0 votes
madhura January 21, 2020

I am still facing this issue. Can anyone please post a solution here?

0 votes
JohnathanZ June 18, 2015

Canberk,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I have received your support case and will be communicating with you via that route.

Johnathan Lyman
Senior Technical Support Lead, Americas
http://support.getzephyr.com 

Thomas Roberts November 20, 2017

It would have been useful to answer the question on here to help others.... I have the same issue.

Like # people like this
Savita Datawade November 5, 2018

Hello Johnathan,

Even i am facing same issue where test steps are not visible to me on the view mode but same is visible to other members in the same project. I tried checking workflow, screen and field configuration but no luck.

I am not able to figure out why it's showing for one and not for another member. Surprise is i am the admin and she is just normal user who is able to see test steps

Like Chris Hyde likes this
Prasad Kumar Sheena March 5, 2019

Even we are having the same issue. There are some users not able to view the test steps. Any update on why this is happening?

Zephyr version.JPG

subbarao July 3, 2019

Answer ?

Abhishek Swamy August 7, 2019

Hi,

Even I faced the same issue, where I couldn't able t find the test steps in JIRA.

The solution that I find out is, Just click on the Zephyr icons that are available under issue summary.

EX: Zephyr Action, Zephyr details and Zephyr Execution icons which helps to hide and unhide the particular actions.

Thanks

Seema Gupta November 11, 2019

I am facing the same issue, any resolution on this one ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events