Zephyr Importer - Can I use one sheet to upload multiple test?

Christian Bennett April 17, 2019

Hi there!

I'm wanting to find out if there is a way to create multiple tests within one excel workbook sheet, i.e. having some form of 'End and Start' identified so it knows the start and end of a test and to create a new test VS having to have a workbook per test in an excel file to bulk upload using the Zephyr importer?

Right now I can only seem to work out having multiple sheets per test in the one excel file,

Kind regards,

Christian

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fraser Colmer April 23, 2019

Hi @Christian Bennett ,

It is possible to create multiple tests within one Excel workbook sheet and import them into Zephyr for Jira using the importer tool. There are a couple of different forms to determine the start/end of a test. The importer tool allows you to distinguish between tests by Sheet, Empty Row, ID Change, or Testcase Name Change. (see screen shot below)

shet upload.png

For example, you could have one sheet with all your tests, leave an empty row between your test cases, and then choose the ‘Empty Row’ discriminator and then import all the test cases on the sheet.

Thanks,

Team Zephyr

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Bennett April 23, 2019

Thanks for confirming, we stumbled on that little feature. This is a brilliant time saver. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events