Zephyr : Errors occur importing from Excel for Version.Affects Version field

Pamela Wilson August 18, 2015

When using the ZFJ importer utility to import test cases & steps from excel, an error occurs in the import utility (see below in bold).  The issue is that "Affects Version" is not a field on the importer dialog and the "Versions" field already has a value.  So what does this error really mean?  BTW, I have confirmed that the values in column H are valid.  See attached screenshot. zephyr1.jpg

Tue Aug 18 15:18:30 EDT 2015 Unable to add testcase ending at rowNumber - 5. Error:Unexpected response code: 400 {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"versions":"Affects Version/s is required."}}

4 answers

1 vote
vimal kumar August 20, 2015

Hello Pamela,

I would suggest you to raise a support ticket with us by accessing through the below link. So that we can schedule a screen share meeting to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us

Regards,

Zephyr Support.

Pamela Wilson August 20, 2015

OK thanks will do. I would like to get this import working soon!

0 votes
Pamela Wilson August 19, 2015

The Assignee and Assigned Tester fields are available, as well as "Affect Version" and "Fix Version", but there is no field on the create ne test form called "Version".  I thought the error was complaining about "Affect Version" though??  I don't seem to have permissions to add fields to the form.

":{"versions":"Affects Version/s is required."}}

0 votes
vimal kumar August 19, 2015

Hello Pamela,

Could you please confirm whether the Version,Assignee and Assigned Tester fields are available in create issue screen. You can verify it while creating a  new test.  If those fields are not available then please follow the below steps to add them in create issue screen.

1.Navigate to the particular project.

2.Click on project administration -> Screens

3. Click on the particular screen associated with create issue operation and add Version,Assignee and Assigned Tester fields.

If you are still getting the same error then please raise a support ticket with us by accessing through the below link.

https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us

Regards,

Zephyr Support.

0 votes
Brian Ross August 18, 2015

Do the "Versions" in your spreadsheet match the "Versions" available in Zephyr if you were to manually create a test case and select a Version from the Affects Version/s field?

Otherwise I would just import without the version and bulk update it in JIRA.  If it is a required field, make it un-required while you import and switch it back when you are done.

Pamela Wilson August 19, 2015

Yes, the version in the spreadsheet matches the "Affects Versions" values available in Zephyr, if creating a new test case manually. The create new test case form does not have a field for "Version", but the zephyr importer tool does. I assumed the "Versions" from the importer tool would populate "Affects Version" and "Fix Version". The create new test case form only has fields for "Affects Version" & "Fix Version". I will have to get an admin to help with making the field non required when importing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events