At the moment we are piloting Zephyr for JIRA 2.1 plugin as to be able to understand whether we could fully migrate to 1 system and drop QC as the main tool being used by QA Teams for Test Cases / Execution storage and would like to endorse the following features that we currently lack for the future releases (some of them were already mentioned in other threads):
Test Cycle / Execution
As far as I can tell you are not able to provide any ETA and the latest released features are announced in the blog though I would much appreciate as much info as possible re these items (at least the most voted ones) as to be able to understand whether they are on your radar and have a chance of being delivered anytime soon as these are the items that stop us from migrating to Zephyr for JIRA plugin at the moment.
Thanks in advance.
Thank you for your feedback, this has been shared with our product team.
I would like to let you know that we have another product which offers many of the features that you are requesting.
You can find a list of feature for ZCE/ZEE in the following link.
1) You can view the history of a testcase. To be more specific you can view the previously saved versions of the testcase, compare version and rollback to a specific one.
2) In ZCE/ZEE you can map user stories/requirements to a testcase.
3) This will be a feature request for both products.
4) You can add attachments to the testcase, for teststeps it wiill be a feature request for both products
5) ZCE/ZEE, you can edit the size of the columns.
1) You can add custome fields for Post/Pre-Conditions in ZCE/ZEE.
2) You have the ability of sorting in ZCE/ZEE.
3) The paging of testcases is done differently in ZCE/ZEE.
4) You can export a detailed audit trails for testcase execution in ZCE/ZEE. This is planned for a future release, which make this process a lot easier. Not sure when this is going to be available.
5) There is testcase execution assignment available in ZCE/ZEE.
Note: ZCE/ZEE is a seperate database that integrates well with JIRA.
+1 from me on all of the above requests with particular emphasis on the 'test step formatting' and 'ability to hide/resize test data column' requests.
We have just purchased Zephyr for Jira for our small start-up but it would be nice to know that, going forward, some or all of the above might be coming into this version rather than the standalone ZCE/ZEE versions.
Thanks a lot Edgar for your detailed reply.
I have already discussed the possibility of piloting ZEE with some of your colleagues yesterday. If everything goes smooth we will start looking into it from the next week.
But what attracts us in Zephyr Add-On for JIRA is its full organic integration with JIRA. This Add-On is being part of JIRA thus we can use 1 system for Project Management / Developers / QA Teams / Release Management, etc instead of using ZEE with JIRA. That's why we want to migrate as to keep a centralized system for our needs instead of decentralizing QAs from the rest of the team (not sure whether there would be a possibility to fully migrate to ZEE and drop JIRA usage).
It would much appreciated if you can keep us posted on any roadmap / upcoming changes in Zephyr going further.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG