Zephyr Cloud Issue Types

John Carr October 18, 2017

Hi All

Searched for the answer but couldn't find so though i would try in here.

We are using Zephyr Cloud and when i go into the Traceability Tab, the issue types don't display "Test" in the drop down.

Any ideas?

Thanks

J

1 answer

0 votes
Arun Ravindran October 29, 2017

Hi John

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.

Please note that Traceability refers to the entire trace from Jira issue types like Bug,Story or Requirement linked with Zephyr's "Test" issue type and therefore there is no need of displaying  or need of "Test" issue type in the drop down.

Please refer the below and go through the link for further details on "Traceability"

Select a Version and a particular Issue Type that can be the starting point of your traceability report. That is usually a “New Feature” issue-type or a “Story” or an “Epic”. The resulting list of issues can then be narrowed down to the ones you want a report on. Selecting the “Requirement to Defect” option and clicking on “Generate Traceability Report” will give you a full traceability report from Requirements --> Tests --> Test Executions --> Defects.

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZFJCLOUD/pages/27230214/Traceability

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Shobha Rajashekaraiah February 28, 2018

Hi ZephyrSupport team,

We have integrated Zephyr cloud to Jira cloud. Have linked tests to user stories.

( link->relates to->user story).

However, while generating a traceability report, I did select Epic as a Issue type but don't see traceability created. I see Requirements column with users stories but nothing under Tests, Test Execution or Defects. Could you please help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

Shobha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events