Zephyr - Can't create issue from Execution of Test in Test Cycle

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2013

In JIRA > Tests > Execute Tests: When executing a Test and finding an issue we click on the pencil in "Defects" and the options are to either type in an already created JIRA issue or to click on "Create New Issue". Clicking on "Create New Issue" does nothing. Is there something missing?

Thank you.

Current JIRA version: 6.0.7

Current Zephyr for JIRA version: 1.7.3.1043

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2013

Hi JS,

Zephyr for JIRA 2.1 is available on the Atlassian Marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.thed.zephyr.je

It is the most recent one we have and if you look at versions you can see 2.1 available for download. Only Zephyr for JIRA 2.1 is compatible with JIRA v 6.1. I would recommend you upgrade to 2.1 and not 2.0.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2013

Hi JS,

Are you able to upgrade to Zephyr for JIRA 2.1? We have a lot of fixes in here as well as Zephyr for JIRA 2.1 is now compatible with JIRA v 6.1. Also, I answered one of your questions about doing a search using the Test Executions Navitotor; this feature is only available in 2.0 and 2.1.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2013

Thank you. We may try using the cycleName operator to determine if the test is in a cycle.

We are looking into upgrading now but did not know a version 2.1 was available with Zephyr. I only see a 2.0.1 version in https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/All+Release+Notes and the notes for the release don't tell me much.

Is the 2.0.1 version of Zephyr the latest and does it now work with the 6.1 version of JIRA? If so, we will upgrade.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events