Zen Icon Colours in Brand Designer

Deleted user April 2, 2013

I've noticed when doing brand design that the out-of-the-box icons (accessible by the icons tab in brand designer) have a few inconsistencies. Notably, several of the icons do not appear to be affected by colour changes, making them difficult to distinguish on certain background colours.

The icons affected by this are:

dropdown
section
tree-closed
tree-leaf
tree-open

Is there something I'm missing on these? I'd like to avoid making my own sprites (aiming for convenient branding here), but current design makes these icons pretty much invisible.

If there's something I'm missing, I'm sorry! I have been having some trouble finding documentation.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 17, 2013

Looks like the icon wonkiness is going to be resolved in the next Zen patch. Thanks, guys!

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi Nicole,

Are you seeing any errors in the catalina.out or atlassian-confluence.log files?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay!

I am seeing errors in the catalina.out, looks like.

I've attached a sample of the group that continues to repeat itself. It looks like these errors have looped for the last couple of days.

catalina.txt

Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2013

Hi Nicole,

Those messages are "normal" (although I think we'll create a ticket to quiet them from the logs). I'll contact you via email directly to get this sorted.

Thanks!

0 votes
Kelli Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

Hi again, Nicole:

Just to narrow down our troubleshooting, a couple more questions...

1. What OS is your Zen deployed on?

2. Any chance you did any renaming of the icons?

Thanks!

-Kelli

Thanks a bunch for the help, Kelli. I know how it goes trying to document things that keep changing! I'm glad to hear it's coming along.

As for your questions:

1.) We are currently deployed on CentOS 5.9

2.) Nothing's been renamed

Hopefully this helps!

0 votes
Kelli Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

Thanks, Nicole! That's definitely not appropriate Zen behavior. We're getting to the bottom of it, and will be back with an answer soon.

In the meantime, regarding the documentation, we are presently working on the Brand Designer documentation section, and appreciate your patience as we get that populated. I've gone ahead and posted a page on the Icons (though it appears from your comment that you know all of the information already), and will be fleshing out the other areas soon. (check back!)

We appreciate your patience, and also feedback on where/how our documentation can be improved.

OK - back at you very soon...

0 votes
Kelli Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

Hi Nicole,

We're not seeing any issues with those specific icons automatically updating with new palette choices....

Are you by chance seeing these have issues in specific use cases, such as the reveal/disappear macro? Note that (in some cases) in our upcoming 5.2.8 release we have shifted to using the hover state icons (such as for Reveal/Disappear) specifically to increase visibility, so perhaps this will help you, depending upon where you are seeing the problem.

Except for the section icon, those are all fairly small icons, so depending upon what colors you've selected in the rest of your brand palette, you may need to darken the normal state of the entire set of icons somewhat.

A couple more questions to help us get to the bottom of your issues:

1. What versions of Confluence/Zen are you running?

2. Is it possible to post a screenshot of your icon screen from your brand designer (choose any brand where you are having problems.) ? (I've posted one here as an example - taken from our Intranet demo brand.)

Zen Foundation 5.2.7
Confluence 4.3.7

I went ahead and used your intranet brand as an example and set everything to a lovely oxblood colour to highlight the icons that don't change. This happens both when I put in a hex code and when I change the palette and use $zenSecondaryColor (as in the example).

This is happening in every case those icons are used, since they aren't actually changing colour. Darkening the entire icon set doesn't help, as you can see here, since those icons don't adjust.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events