Xporter - Access user properties

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to access user properties in an export in Xporter for JIRA? Has anyone got any workarounds? I'm mostly looking to get contact details/office locations of user properties already synced from AD.

3 answers

1 accepted

Actually, @Jimmy Van the only info of logged user you can export is Display Name, Username and Email Address.
However, I've created a new issue on our backlog in order to satisfy your needs. You can watch and vote for it here.

Hey Jimmy,

I didn´t quite understand your question, do you want a way to export info related to a JIRA User? When I say info, I mean, for example, the user full name.

Hi @Nuno Silva, sorry I didn't see this until now. I wanted to export properties set against each user; see the screenshots in the reply below.

Hi Jimmy,

Is possible to get some info about users if that user is the assignee or the reporter of an issue.
The info we can export is: id, username, display name, email and groups to which the user belongs.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Hi @Mafalda Sequeira Mateus de Azevedo Mendes, thanks so much for following up!

I'm actually after information about the logged in user, if they were the one exporting the document.

The information I'm referring to is available at:

/secure/admin/user/ViewUser.jspa?name=admin

Properties can be edited at:

/secure/admin/user/EditUserProperties.jspa?name=admin

Screenshots below.

111.png1111.png2222.png

I'd be looking to put them in a document, so I can say

${User.phone}, or some similar notation, and in the document it would be substituted with 123456789

Hope that explains what I'm after.

Hi again @Jimmy Van,

Let's see if now I understood the question.

Xporter can choose which mapping it should be printed if you define mappings inside a javascript filter.
However, on the latest JEditor version, you could simply use $

{html:fieldname}

and if the field contains wiki, it will be rendered.

Is that it?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,356 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you