XPorter plugin: Issue when generating wiki rendered fields with embedded images

Julien HENRY April 28, 2013

Hi,

We use the Xporter plugin to generate word/pdf documentation from JIRA.

When generating wiki rendered fields with embedded images (taxonomy !image.jpg!, with the image is attached to the JIRA issue ), we get this kind of error message: 'No usable issue stored in the context, unable to resolve filename 'image.jpg''

This fix would be really helpful, to have some advanced formating, and the ability to show exactly the same format that what is shown in JIRA for this field.

The workaround is to display all the images attached to the ticket, but the layout is incorrect and some images are displayed and should not.

Thanks for your support.

Julien

8 answers

0 votes
Xpand IT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

Hi Mun,

Can you open a ticket in our service desk? We will help you from there.

Xporter for JIRA service desk is available at https://jiraxporter.zendesk.com/

Thank you

0 votes
Mun Sei Loke March 25, 2014

Hi Support Team,

I've updated my xporter version to the latest 2.9.4 version. However, when I export a field with embedded images to word document, it show a small image with cross 'x' sign instead of the embedded image. Please advice.

Thanks.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

Fair enough.

I apologize for the blatant advertisement, although I still think it's important for JIRA users to be aware of alternative solutions to their problems.

0 votes
Xpand IT
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2013

Dear Sir,

Please don't use Xporter threads to advertise other Add-ons!

We must also advise that we will escalate any inappropriate behavior from other Expert and request Atlassian to validate if it is or not compliant with the "Experts Code of Conduct".

Thank you.

Regards

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2013

As an alternative solution: the JIRA PDF View Plugin supports all formatting capabilities of wiki-rendered text fields in JIRA, including also embedding attached images.

Even better, it does intelligent image resizing: the images with the crazy dimensions will be automatically fitted to the paper width, in order to keep a perfect layout for prints.

0 votes
Xpand IT
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Hi,

This issue has been already fixed. A new version will be released until the end of the month.

Best Regards

0 votes
Julien HENRY May 20, 2013

Hi, do you have any target release date for this fix?

Thanks for your support.

Julien

0 votes
Xpand IT Support Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2013

Hi Julien,

This a a fix that we currently have in roadpmap for implementing a very short term.

Best regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events