Workflow transition utilization

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

I am looking for a way (preferably Oracle SQL) to generate a matrix for workflow transitions, so I can analyze  transitions utilization and remove "dead" transition from workflow.

Example: I imagine the output would look like the following matrix; s1, s2, s3 are statuses, the values are transition count between corresponding statuses. Transition from s1 -> s3 happened 13 times, s3->s1 happened 4 times.

s1,s2,s3
s1,0 ,12,13
s2,1 ,0 ,5
s3,4 ,40,0

Selection criteria are project, issue type and transition date range.

Anyone have done analysis like this? If somehow the solution can display the number of tickets in each status, that would be a bonus.

I am on JIRA 6.2.2.

There used to be a workflow visualization add-on, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Would-like-to-adopt-Workflow-Visualization-Plugin-for-JIRA-7/qaq-p/268123, but it's no longer active.

Thanks a bunch.

2 answers

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2019

If you are interested in a ready to use solution, Time in Status app by OBSS produces reports that show the number of times each status or each transition was used.

All report data can be exported as XLS, XLSX or CSV.

0 votes
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2018

No taker?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events