Workflow post function validation using Groovy Edited

Hi, everyone!

I'm trying to write a Groovy script in "Transition parent issue" post function in my custom workflow.

My intent is to transition the issue's parent if there is at least one subtask whose status is not "Resolved".

What I tried to do so far was this:

import com.atlassian.jira.issue

for(Issue subTask : parentIssue.get("subTaskObjects")) {
  if(!subtask.getStatus().equals("Resolved"))
    return true
}

return false

The problem is I am new in Jira and know nothing about Groovy!

Obviously it is not working. Can anyone help me??

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Oct 31, 2017

Hello,

I do not understand exactly what you want.Usually people transition parent issue if all subtasks are resolved. You can use "Transition parent when all subtasks are resolved". It is a built-in post function in ScriptRunner.

If you want to write something opposite then it would be like this:

import com.atlassian.jira.issue

for(Issue subTask : issue.getParentObject().getSubTaskObjects()) {
  if(!subTask.getStatus().Name.equals("Resolved"))
    return true
}

return false

Hello, Alexey! Thanks for your reply!

To be more specific, I have created a status named "Paused" to indicate when some issue still has some task unresolved and none of them is "In progress".

In my "Resolve issue" transition I have two post functions to transition subtask issue parent when its subtask is resolved:

1. transition subtask parent issue to "Paused", once there is no subtask "In progress" immediately after;
  2. transition subtask parent issue to "Closed". In this case, the parent issue workflow has a condition to just allow that transition if all of its subtasks are closed already.

Because the Groovy validation of the first post function above isn't working, the paused status is always being applied.

That's why I need correct it.

Is it clearer now? If you still have some doubt, please let me know! ;)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 25, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud Integration with Microsoft Teams

One of the newest products in the Microsoft family - Microsoft Teams,  is a chat-based hub for teamwork that integrates all the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and ...

730 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you